The Sunset Banquet (Sleepaway Ritual)
A downloadable ritual
It's a tradition among the camp staff to host a big bash after the longest day of the season, to celebrate the time we've all spent together. This year, it feels a bit stilted. Still, tradition is tradition. During the feast, letters are passed out to campers and counselors alike. Inside jokes and laughter ring louder than the music.
This ritual sits with the tension of knowing that something is comfortable while knowing that it won't fit you anymore. It is a time of disquieting truths alongside genuine celebration.
This is a ritual to be used in your Sleepaway game. I'd love to hear how it goes.
- Dining halls I've visited throughout my life, especially the one that I got to visit in winter in New York
- Living at home with my parents because of the pandemic
- The liminal space of a camp or even an educational setting
- Merriweather by Sorkin Type
- Archivo Black by Omnibus-Type
- Cabin photo by Quinton Coetzee on Unsplash
- "The Withered Jester, and other verses" in the British Library's flickr
Sleepaway is copyright of Possum Creek Games Inc. Down the Abandoned Well is an independent production by WhatNames and is not affiliated with Possum Creek Games Inc. It is published under the Sleepaway Third Party License.
Thank you Possum Creek for making it such a breeze to write for your games!
Enjoyed this ritual? It's part of a trilogy. Check out the other rituals in this series:
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.